The only ride that we went on was the ferris wheel but it was fun!
Then we just decided to walk around and people watch when we came upon this booth. Really?! Seriously, who would go to the fair to get diagnosed with ADHD and trust it? Its not like they are going to give a prescription for Ritalin on the spot. Really whats the point? Anyway, it was shortly after this point in the evening when I started to get really sharp pains. I little bit thought I was having a heart attack, but obviously that would not be the case. Well, these pains continued through the night. Sunday I did not have any pains but I did not feel right. Then Monday morning the pain returned with avengance. Since I work at a doctors office I just went into work. I already had a surgical follow up appointment with the surgeon set up for later that day and since the doctor I worked for thought nothing was wrong with me I decided to bump that appointment up to my lunch time. Next thing I know....
Yup, after seeing that the whites of my eyes were yellow and reviewing stat blood work I was directly admitted to the hospital. Yay for me! These pictures are terrible but they sure represent the amount of pain I was in before the Morphine!
I was there for about 4 days. It was so not fun. They would wake me up every few hours for blood work or to get my vitals and or give me more anti-biotic. Pretty much they believe there were gallstones left over in my common bile duct which is connected to my liver (I think). All that pain was me passing stones which in turn made my liver freak out. I am so glad I have a great co-worker and family who visited me regularly and a wonderful husband who had flowers delivered to me, visited me on his lunch break and spent every single night on the couch in my room! Once again I am feeling much better and hopefully there will be no return trips to the hospital.


18 comments:
OH my gosh... you poor thing. I remember 2 months after Jackson was born Matt and I were at a John Mayor concert and had to leave before it was over to take Matt to the ER to have his appendix removed, while they were in there, they found a "mass" on his colon. Not good news. anyway, things are fine, and it felt like we lived at the hospital.
Sorry for that long comment. Hope you are feeling better.
man, we hope that was the last of your gallbladder related hospital visits! We hope you're feeling a lot better!
Oh, my heck! I so wish I lived closer so that I could participate in the visiting of the sickie. I am so sorry that you have been having so many problems. Hope you are problem free for a good long time k=now. You have definitely paid your dues.
What an ordeal!! I hope you never have to go the hospital again (unless you're having a baby!) We'll keep you in our prayers.
Oh Man! Lindsay, cut it out. That stinks! I had no idea. If I was in Arizona I would come visit you...sorry I'm on the other side of the country! I love ya though!!!
Hey Lindsay and JoJo! I found your blog through Tamsyn's!! You guys look so happy! It's fun to see all your pictures! I hope you are feeling better!
I really wanted to go to your wedding, but my baby was due the next day so I just felt too gross! But Congratulations! I'm so happy for you both!
How awful! I had no idea! Hope that you're doing better!!
That is SO sad! No more trips to the hospital for you...let someone else have the bed :)Glad you are doing better.
That's terrible!!! I'm so sorry!!! We missed you at the wedding. It would have been fun to spend some time with you guys. We'll just have to plan another trip. We hear a Giles family reunion is in the works. Get better soon and no more trips to the hospital :)
Seriously woman...stay away from the hospital. Hope keep feeling better...No more yellow eyes...creepy!
Geez, Lindsay. Stop that! You have us all worried about you all the time. No more hospitals for you ...unless there a baby invovled ; ) Glad to hear Brian is fullfilling his duties as your husband...otherwise Daniel and I would give him a beating, ha ha! Hope you are doing much better now.
- Jen
Oh my gosh!! I hope you are feeling better!!
lindsay! good thing your boss didn't think there was anything wrong with you. you wouldn't have had any better luck if you were still at the icc either! haha. but seriously, i am glad you are doing better.
Holy Cow!!!!
Finally you too get married and you live in Az. Were in az too. Ok it's Kj and Deb from Cali. Small world I saw you blog on someone elses and couldn't believe that you tied the knott and live in AZ...You love AZ don't you!!!
Haha. Well keep in touch. Visit our Family blog at mccluskeytimes.blogspot.com
You guys rock!!!!
I love the wedding pics...What a cute couple!
Oh Linds,
I feel for you. I totally remember what that pain is like. If it makes you feel better - I think that childbirth is LESS painful. Take Care.
i cant believe you didnt tell me you had a blog you nerd!! im glad youre better though. miss you and hope all is well. xo
summer lane
Hello?? Are you still alive?
NEW POST!!! NEW POST!!!!! NEW POST!!!! Tell Brian I said hi. NEW POST!!!!
Post a Comment