Friday, August 20, 2010

Mammoth and Yosemite 2010

The first week in August Jovi and I went to Mammoth and Yosemite with the Giles family. Brian had to work so he missed out on all the joys associated with going to Mammoth for 1 week! I decided I am not a big fan of going out of town with Jovi alone. When it comes to kids I definitely need the Dad there too!

Half of the Giles clan got a stomach bug the first few days we were there so our first outing was to horseshoe lake. This was Jovi's first time in the backpack and he really enjoyed it!



The 3rd day we were off to Yosemite.


Jovi fell asleep within 15 minutes. He was the hit with all the French tourist!



The LaLonde's. Blayke, Luke, Ashlynd and Hailee.


Jovi loves water so this little creek was a hit for sure.



We decided to take a trip up to the top of Mammoth Mountain. We took a trolley from our cabin into town, then a bus from town up to the base of the mountain, and finally a Gondola to the top of the mountain. There was still some snow left on the ground and it was pretty much the only place I had great cell phone coverage! Absolutely beautiful!






The last day we ended with a little bit of fishing. Jovi didn't want to put the Sponge Bob Square Pants fishing pole down. Poor Luke had to wrestle him for it back.

5 comments:

Scott+Kimber+Ruby=Scimby said...

Ok, for some reason, my blog has NEVER shown me all the posts that you've been doing! For the past like, YEAR it's been your post from when you first had Jovi....and now all of a sudden, its updating again and I discover that you have a ton of posts!!! I never even saw that post you did right after Ruby was born! I LOVE Jovi's shirt, by the way! yay, I'm glad its finally showing me your new posts!

Brian and Lindsay Holmstrom said...

Hey Kimber, actually I have been a HUGE slacker on the blog. I just posted all those over the past week or so. I just changed the date on them in case I ever decide to make it a book all my dates will correspond with the pictures and events. So your blog/computer isn't being weird. I know I just realized you never saw Jovi's shirt. It was pretty cute when he was wearing it at the hospital.

Holmstroms said...

Yay! I concur with Kimber. Its so nice to see all your fun family pics and updates now : )
- Jen

Tawni716 said...

Oh my goodness I thought I was losing it when I came on here and saw allll your posts! Then I just read your comment to you friend Kimber and realized you cheated and changed the dates! LoL I am going to start my blog up again this week! =) Looks like Yosemite was a blast!

Ash said...

Ok, time for another update!!!